Draft Profile: BioQuentin Johnston from Temple High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Johnston opted to join TCU.
In 2020 as a freshman Johnston saw action in 9 games for the Horned Frogs as he made 22 receptions for 487 yards for an average of 22.1 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 112.6.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 9 games and had 33 catches for 604 yards for an average of 18.3 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 100.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Quentin Johnston (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank