Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 128 (PIT)
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Dan Moore Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank