Draft Profile: BioDemorie Tate from Freedom High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Tate opted to join Florida State.
In 2021 as a freshman Tate saw action in one game and played on a total of 14 snaps for the Seminoles. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Tate notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 104.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Fast and agile, he sticks to receivers and closes on the ball.
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Has good trajectory assessment on the thrown ball, breaks quickly and has decent ball skills
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Demorie Tate (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank