Draft Profile: BioDemorie Tate from Freedom High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Tate opted to join Florida State after being heavily recruited.
In 2021 as a freshman Tate saw action in just one game and played a total of 14 snaps at cornerback for the Seminoles. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Tate notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 104.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers.
- Tate has good size and is a fluid mover, capable of mirroring quickness underneath
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Receivers can arm-bar downfield to create separation. He's too often caught peeking in the backfield and gives ground on double moves.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
Demorie Tate percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Demorie Tate (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank