Draft Profile: BioDeshawn Pace from Colerain High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Pace joined Cincinnati.
In 2020 as a freshman Pace saw action in 4 games and played a total of 24 snaps at linebacker for the Bearcats. He recorded only 4 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Bearcats in 2021 Pace played in 14 games and took part in 569 snaps for the Bearcats. He recorded decent 67 tackles, 23 assists, while adding 37 stops. In coverage Pace made no pass breakups, 4 interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 74.1. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 11 total pressures, and 6 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Pace played in 12 games and contributed on 558 snaps. He recorded 38 tackles, 17 assists while making 19 stops. In coverage Pace chalked up one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 88.3. As a pass rusher, he produced 7 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 'Freaks List' at number 93. He wrote: "The 6-2, 212-pound senior has very good speed, clocking 21.21 MPH with a speedy 1.51 10-yard split. He also bench-presses 340 pounds and can do 25 pull-ups. "
- The younger brother of Cincinnati star Ivan Pace
- He’s at his best in coverage. He’s a fluid mover capable of turning and running with tight ends or mirroring backs coming out of the backfield.
- He can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, Pace also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
- The talent is there as a sideline-to-sideline playmaker.
- Pace can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Pace moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
- Pace is on the small side and struggles to slip blocks; he’ll need to be covered up in order to make plays.
- Pace doesn’t play with the functional strength and physicality to fight through blocks; he’ll need to be covered up in order to maximize his playmaking.
How other scouting services rate Deshawn Pace (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank