Draft Profile: BioDeshawn Pace from Colerain High High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a -star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Pace joined Cincinnati.
In 2020 as a freshman Pace saw action in 4 games and played a total of 24 snaps at Linebacker for the Bearcats. He recorded only 4 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Bearcats in 2021 Pace played in 14 games and took part in 569 snaps for the Bearcats. He recorded decent 67 tackles, 23 assists, while adding 37 stops. In coverage Pace made no pass breakups, 4 interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 74.1. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 11 total pressures, and 6 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has enough twitch and speed to make an impact coming off the edge as a third-down specialist.
- Pace has ability as a blitzer, with the length and flexibility to get around the edge.
- Reads quarterbacks eyes and reacts quickly to targets in zone coverage.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- The talent is there as a sideline-to-sideline playmaker.
- He has a compact build, but Pace is a crafty edge player who is very good against the run. Pace sets the edge and effectively wards off blocks with a strong core, powerful limbs, and natural leverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- He’s not a guy who can be put on the edge every down and be expected to consistently create pressure.
How other scouting services rate Deshawn Pace (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank