Draft Profile: BioLathan Ransom from Salpointe Catholic High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Ransom opted to join Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Ransom saw action in 6 games and played a total of 62 snaps at cornerback for the Buckeyes. He recorded only 7 tackles, no assists, while adding one stop. In coverage Ransom notched up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 92.7.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and logged 435 snaps for the Buckeyes. He made 24 tackles, 8 assists, and had 6 stops. In coverage he totaled 4 pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 116.4.
In 2022 as a junior Ransom played in 11 games and contributed on 552 snaps. He chalked up 47 tackles, 18 assists, and added 21 stops. In the secondary Ransom forced 3 pass breakups, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 81.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- His ball skills are very good. Ransom tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Ransom isn’t targeted often.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Ransom tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
Lathan Ransom percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Lathan Ransom (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank