- Possesses good straight-line speed, fluid hips to turn and run, and explosiveness out of his breaks. Good vision and anticipation as a free safety.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Good vision and anticipation for zone coverage. Good hand-eye coordination and leaping skills.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Doesn't look comfortable in reverse and can't be trusted in man coverage on an island - sloppy transition and is not explosive.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
Scott Nelson percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Scott Nelson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank