- Does a very good job of reading the eyes of the quarterback and reacting with good field awareness and ball skills.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Has good body control and balance to redirect and break down in the open field.
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
How other scouting services rate Jordan Battle (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank