- Has good cover skills, athleticism and big -play ability to be a lead cornerback if he matures.
- Not a major liability in man coverage. Good enough foot speed and length to stay with slot receivers in four-wide sets on short patterns.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Plays the ball as if it was thrown for him, showing burst back to the ball as well as good timing for the jump ball.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Has legitimate NFL-caliber cover skills. Has a quick, low backpedal with a fluid hip turn to cover receivers down the field.
- Fits best in a zone system at the next level due to size and ability to close to the ball.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
How other scouting services rate Kyler Gordon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank