Draft Profile: BioGervon Dexter Sr. from Lake Wales High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Dexter Sr. joined Florida after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Dexter Sr. saw action in 12 games and played a total of 254 snaps for the Gators. He recorded 10 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 4 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Gators in 2021 Dexter Sr. played in 13 games and took part in 481 snaps for the Gators. He recorded 33 tackles, 18 assists, while adding 27 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 24 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and a solid 4 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Dexter Sr. played in 12 games and contributed on 636 snaps. He recorded 33 tackles, 15 assists while making 27 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 24 total pressures, which included 19 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Dexter has the lateral agility and balance to cover two gaps, and Dexter shows some good closing burst when moving down the line in pursuit.
- He explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #83. He wrote, "This is a huge man who moves well at 6-5 1/2, 313 pounds with 24 percent body fat. Dexter squats 655 pounds and benches 425. “Gervon is a unique body type with an elite mixture of height, length, and muscle makeup,” strength coach Mark Hocke said. “He’s strong enough to hold the point and quick enough to affect the QB, making him an every down QB nightmare.”"
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; he has a stout build, strong core, and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- He has the heavy hands and upper-body strength to win with power. Dexter drops his weight and anchors well against the run, holding up at the point of attack and capable of occupying double teams.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His spin move is a bit slow and mechanical. He’s susceptible to cut blocks, a tactic that was used on him often
- Plays high and with poor balance and power. He’ll lose ground at the point of attack, and Dexter doesn’t get the full benefit of his length.
- Dexter frequently fails to locate the ball in the run game, too often taking himself out of plays.
How other scouting services rate Gervon Dexter Sr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank