Draft Profile: BioGervon Dexter from Lake Wales High School was rated a 5 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Dexter opted to join Florida.
In 2020 as a freshman Dexter saw action in 12 games and played on a total of 254 snaps for the Gators. He recorded 10 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 4 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Gators in 2021 Dexter played in 13 games and took part on 481 snaps for the Gators. He recorded 33 tackles, 18 assists, while adding 27 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 24 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quick footed pass rusher with loose hips and good change of direction skills, moving very well for his size.
- Quick footed with rare burst for his size. Very good quickness off the snap to split defenders and penetrate the pocket.
- Agile run-stopper at end, extends to grab backs from the backside and possesses foot quickness and hustle to chase plays downfield. or to the sideline.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Gervon Dexter Sr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank