Draft Profile: BioJaquelin Roy from University Lab High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Roy opted to join LSU.
In 2020 as a freshman Roy saw action in 9 games and played on a total of 267 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 10 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 19 total pressures, which included 17 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Roy played in 13 games and took part on 496 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 19 tackles, 13 assists, while adding 18 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 31 total pressures, and 21 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hands could be much more violent when trying to gain control of the block. Does not hold his ground while facing a double-team; first instinct is to roll away to make a play, which can create a large hole.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Jaquelin Roy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank