Draft Profile: BioJaquelin Roy from University Lab High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Roy joined LSU after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Roy saw action in 9 games and played a total of 267 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 10 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 19 total pressures, which included 17 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Roy played in 13 games and took part in 496 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 19 tackles, 13 assists, while adding 18 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 31 total pressures, and 21 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Roy played in 13 games and contributed on 676 snaps. He recorded 38 tackles, 5 assists while making 25 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 26 total pressures, which included 19 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets his big hands up to block passes if unable to beat his man, and follows the quarterback on moving pockets and sniffs out screens.
- Flashes exciting burst off the snap to penetrate. Can slip through gaps with his get-off and is an intimidating force for quarterbacks to avoid.
- He’s extremely thick through the lower body, and Roy uses his natural leverage to win at the point of attack, often requiring a double team.
- Roy looks like a potential pro starter and top 120 pick, ideally suited for a team that utilizes a rotation heavy defensive line.
- Good weight-room strength, which translates onto the field in terms of his anchor.
- He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- His spin move is a bit slow and mechanical. He’s susceptible to cut blocks, a tactic that was used on him often
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
How other scouting services rate Jaquelin Roy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank