Draft Profile: BioJoshua Gray from Rancho Cucamonga High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Gray opted to join Oregon State.
In 2019 as a freshman Gray saw action in just one game and played a total of 14 snaps for the Beavers. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 7 games and a total of 514 snaps. He conceded an impressive 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Gray saw action in 13 games and totaled 896 snaps. He gave up a disappointing 17 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a senior Gray saw action in 12 games and played a total of 781 snaps for the Beavers. He allowed 11 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and Gray can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- He’ll struggle to get a push at the points of attack against NFL defensive linemen.
- In the run game, he explodes off the line of scrimmage and consistently gets out to the second level to do damage.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Often gets too high in his sets, sacrificing some of his power, and Gray doesn’t show great coordination between his upper and lower body when sliding back in pass protection.
- Is a bit underpowered, often coming off the line of scrimmage too high and struggling to generate movement. Gray might be no more than a wall-off, angle blocker.
- Has the traits to improve, but he gets impatient in his set, lunging and reaching, and generally playing with poor balance at times. Gray is inconsistent with his kick slide.
How other scouting services rate Joshua Gray (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank