Draft Profile: BioKavosiey Smoke from Wetumpka High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Smoke joined Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Smoke saw action in just one game for the Wildcats as he ran for just 45 yards on 4 attempts for an outstanding 11.3 yards per carry, with one TD, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 13 games. and rushed for 615 yards on 101 carries for an outstanding 6.1 ypc, with 6 TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 2 receptions for 26 yards.
In 2020 as a junior Smoke saw action in 7 games for the Wildcats. He ran for 229 yards on 47 attempts for 4.9 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 5 receptions for 25 yards.
As a senior in 2021 he played in 12 games and ran for 414 yards on 81 carries for an excellent average of 5.1 ypc, with 4 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he had one reception for 12 yards.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played in 7 games and ran for 263 yards on 58 carries for average of 4.5 ypc, with one TD, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he had 3 receptions for 30 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- He’s patient, letting blocks develop then accelerating. Smoke runs with a good forward lean and consistently falls forward.
- He has the flexible ankles to turn the corner and get around the perimeter when the opportunity presents itself.
- He has outstanding lateral agility; his jump cuts combined with stop-start ability make him difficult to get a hold of.
- Smoke finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
- He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that Smoke can line up in the slot.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His speed is good, he’s not a burner. Smoke doesn’t have ideal size and power for blitz pickup.
- He’s not physically imposing. He is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
- Smoke isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
Kavosiey Smoke percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kavosiey Smoke (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank