Draft Profile: BioMiyan Williams from Winton Woods High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Williams joined Ohio State.
In 2020 as a freshman Williams saw action in 4 games for the Buckeyes as he ran for just 64 yards on 10 attempts for an outstanding 6.4 yards per carry, with no TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 10 games. and rushed for 507 yards on 71 carries for an outstanding 7.1 ypc, with 3 TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 9 receptions for 74 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Williams saw action in 10 games for the Buckeyes. He ran for 817 yards on 125 attempts for an outstanding 6.5 ypc, with 13 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 5 receptions for 27 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- It might take him a year to get out of the habit of bouncing everything outside, but the skill set is there for him to be a workhorse and the centerpiece of a run-based offense.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Williams often thrived in the screen game, transitioning upfield quickly and showing a knack for following his blocks. Williams has the size and strength to pass protect.
- He’s solid in blitz pickup, and Williams consistently showed the ability to anchor against bigger players.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His speed is decent, but he’s not a home run hitter at the next level.
- He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which Williams ran a limited route tree.
- His hands are good, but he doesn’t show much feel as a route runner and might not be a guy you flex out wide.
How other scouting services rate Miyan Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank