Draft Profile: BioMiyan Williams from Winton Woods High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Williams joined Ohio State.
In 2020 as a freshman Williams saw action in 4 games for the Buckeyes as he ran for just 64 yards on 10 attempts for an outstanding 6.4 yards per carry, with no TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 10 games. and rushed for a solid 507 yards on 71 carries for an outstanding 7.1 ypc, with 3 TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 9 receptions for 74 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Williams saw action in 10 games for the Buckeyes. He ran for an excellent 817 yards on 125 attempts for an outstanding 6.5 ypc, with 13 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 5 receptions for 27 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Williams has the size and toughness to be developed as a pass protector.
- He gets low and runs with excellent balance in traffic, and that low center of gravity allows him to bounce off tacklers and keep his legs churning.
- He is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
- Williams runs with violence; he’s capable of thrashing through tacklers, and Williams has the natural balance to withstand contact.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
- Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s not physically imposing. Williams is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
- Williams isn’t slow, but Williams lacks the third gear to be a home run threat. His hands are improving but still inconsistent in the passing game.
- His hands are shaky, and he often needs a beat to gather himself after hauling in passes.
How other scouting services rate Miyan Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank