- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- A quick, smooth athlete with the footwork to make sharp cuts and redirect his momentum in a flash. Shows good vision and patience with natural running instincts.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination. Good recognition as a runner and pass blocker. Natural receiver with versatility as a route-runner.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Lacks elite size for the position and looks maxed out physically - also carries some durability concerns. Has short legs with only average top-end speed and can be caught from behind.
How other scouting services rate Jaylen Warren (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank