Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 107 (HOU)
Draft Profile: BioDameon Pierce was a high school stand-out at Bainbridge in Georgia, chalking up 6,779 yards and 92 rushing touchdowns during his four-year career. He was graded as a four-star recruit by ESPN, was heavily recruited, and ultimately decided on Florida.
He had a nice start to his college career putting up 424 yds as a freshman but his role never expanded beyond a role player in the following three years. The best year was in 2021 where he put up 517 yds on the ground at an average of 5.9 yds per carry with 12 TDs. A bright spot was his receiving totals where in his final year he also added 217 yds in the air
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Perfect frame to pwer through tacklers with a high running style
- Has good vision to find holes in the line
- Strong pass blocker and a more than willing lead run blocker
- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- Bruce Feldman had Pierce at No. 21 on his “Football Freaks” list, which highlights the athletically gifted players in the nation. According to Feldman, Pierce squats 705 pounds, benches 390 pounds, has a 37-inch vertical jump, and has been clocked at 4.50 in the 40-yard dash.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
- A downhill runner who picks up momentum as he goes and does a nice job absorbing contact between the tackles - physical with good pad level.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Not particularly quick and isn't very shifty
- Not light on his feet and if the play doesn't produce holes early he's not going to be able to escape with speed
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
Scouting Report: SummaryPierce has amazing athletic ability and has a nice combination of size and power - making him an impressive short-yardage power back. This however is not his only talent as he has quality hands and decent technique in the pass blocking game that's in high demand in pro offenses.
The major issue that will concern NFL teams is his lack of experience at Florida where he only was ever used as a back in a rotational scheme and never really had a chance to showcase his talents.
We see Pierce as a third/fouth round pick in the 2022 NFL Darft who will likely develop into a quality goal line back at the nest level.
How other scouting services rate Dameon Pierce (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank