Draft Profile: BioZeke Correll from Anderson High High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Correll opted to join Notre Dame.
In 2019 as a freshman Correll saw action in 4 games and played a total of 13 snaps for the Fighting Irish. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 4 games and a total of 189 snaps. He conceded 4 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.
In 2021 as a junior Correll saw action in 8 games and totaled 362 snaps. He gave up 4 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Outstanding on reach blocks, showing good initial quickness and flexibility to seal the backside. He’s a heady player who is quick to recognize and react to twists and stunts up front, and Correll shows a good sense of timing on combo blocks.
- Has the functional strength to hold up against the bull rush, and he shows exceptionally quick and precise hands.
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and he can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- Hand placement is excellent, and he shows a good understanding of angles when climbing upfield
- Has fluid body control with loose hips. Physical and tough with good effort in the run game. Plays with a finishing attitude with an aggressive, nasty temperament.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Often simply tries to push pass rushers past the pocket. Correll can also look a bit hesitant when it comes to recognizing and reacting to twists, stunts and blitzes up front.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ Correll bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- He doesn’t have ideal coordination between his upper and lower body and is often overeager to land an initial punch, he is prone to playing off-balance and struggling against counter moves.
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Correll lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and he can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
How other scouting services rate Zeke Correll (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank