Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 107 (NE)
Draft Profile: BioJake Andrews from Stanhope Elmore High School was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.840. Following high school, Andrews opted to join Troy.
In 2018 as a freshman Andrews saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 20 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 9 games and a total of 274 snaps. He conceded just 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at center, and the rest at left guard.
In 2020 as a junior Andrews saw action in 11 games and totaled 804 snaps. He gave up 4 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right guard.
In 2021 as a senior Andrews saw action in 12 games and played a total of 784 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed 8 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack while playing at right guard.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Andrews saw action in 13 games and played a total of 845 snaps for the Trojans. He allowed 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 5 sacks while playing at center.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- At his best mauling in the run game, playing with a nasty demeanor and consistently keeping it going through the whistle.
- Outstanding on reach blocks, showing good initial quickness and flexibility to seal the backside. He’s a heady player who is quick to recognize and react to twists and stunts up front, and Andrews shows a good sense of timing on combo blocks.
- In the run game, he plays with a mean streak and does a nice job generating a push at the initial point of attack. Andrews can get outside and does a decent job landing blocks in space.
- Does a nice job on the second level, moving upfield quickly and showing the flexibility and balance to land blocks in space.
- Shows good quickness and flexibility on reach blocks, and he has enough range to get out as a puller.
- Is effective when asked to pull, showing the agility, speed, and overall range to get out as a lead blocker, where he locates defenders and shows the ability to adjust and land blocks against linebackers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Often gets too high in his sets, sacrificing some of his power, and Andrews doesn’t show great coordination between his upper and lower body when sliding back in pass protection.
- Has enough power in the run game, but at times he seems to lack a mean streak.
- He’ll occasionally stop his feet when delivering a punch, and he doesn’t play with ideal balance when moving back into his set. He’ll often struggle to mirror if he can’t win early on passing plays.
Jake Andrews percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jake Andrews (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank