- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
How other scouting services rate Zion Nelson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank