- Strong upper body, arms and hands. Coordinated feet with the flexibility for offensive tackle. Hard worker.
- If a scout were to draw up a starting NFL left tackle, the picture may look like a lot like Adams. His height, length and athletic build are prototypical for the position that helps protect the blind side of ultra-important starting quarterbacks.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Struggles to be consistent blocking in motion and doesn't have the natural foot quickness to cover a lot of ground.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Heavy-footed with limited lateral quickness. Stiff and looks like he's moving in wet cement in the open field.
How other scouting services rate Austin Deculus (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank