- A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork, staying light on his feet. Has the lateral range, natural shuffle movements, and lower body quickness to mirror speed rushers.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- A smooth mover and covers a lot of ground, working hard to mirror rushers; agile and keeps his feet moving.
- Has the agility, technique, and size to contribute early in his professional career. Quick, active hands to latch on to defenders.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Can be beat off the edge coming out of his stance lunging to reach speedy wide rushers.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Zion Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank