- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Darian Kinnard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank