Draft Profile: BioTrevor Reid from Georgia Military College High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Reid opted to join Louisville.
In 2020 as a freshman Reid saw action in 4 games and played a total of 18 snaps for the Cardinals. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 701 snaps. He conceded 10 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Takes much more pride in the run game, where Reid plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #22. He wrote "Reid has gone from 285 pounds to 314, and he routinely does box jumps of 48 to 52 inches. Even at almost 315, he’s still clocking in the mid-19s (mph) on the GPS and vertical-jumped 34.5 inches and broad-jumped over 9-5."
- Quick out of his stance with the footwork to be effective in front of screens. Willing to get out in front of ball carriers to take out defensive backs and linebackers.
- Reid is a work in progress with high-end physical traits. He’s extremely light on his feet for a 300-pounder, a natural knee-bender who plays with balance and leverage.
- As a pass protector, he plays with good balance and holds up against the bull rush. Reid has strong hands and does a nice job gripping and latching on once he has his hands on the pass rusher.
- Has the functional strength to hold up against the bull rush, and he shows exceptionally quick and precise hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Reid seems too focused on winning with his hands, too often stopping his feet. Reid also plays with poor balance in the run game, lunging into contact rather than sinking his hips and delivering a block.
- Has good-not-great feet. Dealing with speed on the edge will likely be a problem, especially because he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than Reid is retreating as a pass protector.
- More of a waist bender with subpar feet, and he too often ends up reaching and lunging when going against quickness.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Trevor Reid (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank