Draft Profile: BioDawand Jones from Ben Davis High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jones opted to join Ohio State.
In 2019 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games and played on a total of 90 snaps for the Buckeyes. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 3 games and a total of 80 snaps. He conceded one QB hurry, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2021 as a junior Jones saw action in 13 games and totaled 791 snaps. He gave up 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks while playing at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- If a scout were to draw up a starting NFL left tackle, the picture may look like a lot like Adams. His height, length and athletic build are prototypical for the position that helps protect the blind side of ultra-important starting quarterbacks.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Dawand Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank