Draft Profile: BioParis Johnson Jr. from Princeton High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Johnson Jr. opted to join Ohio State.
In 2020 as a freshman Johnson Jr. saw action in 4 games and played a total of 26 snaps for the Buckeyes. He allowed just one QB hurry, no QB hits, and one sack while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 768 snaps. He conceded 13 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at right guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Fires off the snap quickly, and Johnson shows the flexibility to get out and seal on reach blocks. He’s at his best, however, in the phone booth.
- Johnson flashes power and nastiness in the run game, able to win at the point of attack and athletic enough to get out as a pulling blocker before landing blocks on the move at the second level.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Has a strong, flexible core, and the ability to absorb and anchor against the bull rush as a pass protector.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Sometimes looks a bit underpowered in the run game when it comes to generating movement at the point of attack, and we've seen him struggle to recalibrate at the second level against moving bodies.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Sometimes Johnson simply gets too impatient to sit back in his set, reaching and lunging and generally playing with poor balance.
- Lets pass rushers get into his body, catching them rather than using his considerable length to deliver a punch. Johnson is going to have some difficulty if he’s asked to block on an island early on.
How other scouting services rate Paris Johnson Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank