Draft Profile: BioAnton Harrison from Archbishop Carroll High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Harrison opted to join Oklahoma.
In 2020 as a freshman Harrison saw action in 9 games and played a total of 333 snaps for the Sooners. He allowed 4 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 671 snaps. He conceded 14 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Consistently keeps his feet sliding while maintaining power when dealing with speed, often sending speed rushers flying past the pocket
- Takes much pride in the run game, where Harrison plays through the whistle with tremendous physicality.
- Has the natural power to move defenders at the point of attack. Harrison also has the agility and speed to get out in front and land blocks at the second level. He also shows a good understanding of angles when climbing to the second level.
- Plays with natural leverage and has the strength to anchor against the bull rush. Harrison also packs a violent initial punch that can stand up pass rushers.
- In pass protection, he flashes a strong initial punch and typically has good hand placement.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Has enough power in the run game, but at times Harrison seems to lack a mean streak.
- Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and he too often finishes plays on the ground.
- Often simply tries to push pass rushers past the pocket. Harrison can also look a bit hesitant when it comes to recognizing and reacting to twists, stunts and blitzes up front.
How other scouting services rate Anton Harrison (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank