Draft Profile: BioAdrian Martinez from Clovis West High School was rated a 84-star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 84. After high school, Martinez opted to join Nebraska.
In 2018 as a freshman Martinez saw action in 11 games for the Cornhuskers as he threw for an excellent 2616 yards on 348 attempts with a completion percent of 64.4 for an average of 7.5 yards per pass, with a solid 17 TDs, while taking 23 sacks, and an excellent QB rating of 93.8. He added 122 runs for a total of 792 yards at an average of 6.5 per run.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 10 games as he passed for a solid 1963 yards on 252 attempts with a completion percent of 59.1 for an average of 7.8 yards per pass, with a solid 10 TDs, while also taking 22 sacks, and putting up a solid QB rating of 82.2. He made 128 runs for a total of 733 yards at an average of 5.7 per rush.
As a junior in 2020 Martinez played a total of 7 games. He passed for a solid 1055 yards on 153 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 70.6 for an average of 6.9 yards per attempt, with just 4 TDs, and allowing 11 sacks, with an excellent QB rating on the year of 90.2. As a runner he logged 86 runs for a total of 553 yards at an average of 6.4 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Martinez saw action in 11 games as he threw for an excellent 2861 yards on 307 attempts with a completion percent of 61.6 for an average of 9.3 yards per pass, with a solid 14 TDs, while taking 28 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 93.8. He added 108 runs for a total of 683 yards at an average of 6.3 per run.
After season's end Martinez transferred to Kansas State where as a fifth year senior Martinez saw action in 9 games as he threw for a solid 1258 yards on 186 attempts with a completion percent of 64.5 for an average of 6.8 yards per pass, with just 6 TDs, while taking 14 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 92.5. He added 100 runs for a total of 680 yards at an average of 6.8 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Physically, Martinez is a natural athlete who plays with the balance and light feet to float in the pocket.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Ball placement is a strength. Martinez has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
- He has enough arm strength to throw the deep out as well.
- Martinez plays with a confident demeanor and has the athleticism to move out of the pocket and create plays out of structure.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Martinez has a tendency to hold the ball too long, and Martinez will make panicked throws; good things don’t always follow when he’s forced to extend plays.
- He tends to hold the ball loosely and away from his body, putting him at risk for strip sacks.
- Martinez gets sloppy with his mechanics on the move, losing accuracy as he relies too much on his arm.
Adrian Martinez percentiles vs other Quarterback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Adrian Martinez (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank