Signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia Eagles
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Sticks throws into tight windows over the middle, throwing to spot on slant or between zone defenders before the receiver is open.
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Almost too thick and appears a bit mechanical in some of his movements, including his throwing motion. Inconsistent touch on throws to all levels of the field.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
How other scouting services rate Jamie Newman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank