Draft Profile: BioBralen Trice from Sandra Day O'Connor High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Trice joined Washington.
In 2021 as a freshman Trice saw action in 11 games and played a total of 194 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded only 8 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Huskies in 2022 Trice played in 12 games and took part in 557 snaps for the Huskies. He recorded 13 tackles, 12 assists, while adding 14 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 67 total pressures, and 44 QB hurries, 15 QB hits, and an impressive 8 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Trice has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
- He can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, Trice also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
- He has ideal length as an edge rusher, with room to add more weight onto his frame.
- He has a high motor and does a solid job setting the edge against the run.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- His handwork is excellent. Trice plays with a firm base when setting the edge and shows the upper-body strength to stack and shed blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- While he is generally effective against the run, there are times when Trice can improve his reaction speed to locate the ball more efficiently.
How other scouting services rate Bralen Trice (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank