Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Verse joined Albany.
In 2020 as a freshman Verse saw action in 4 games and played a total of 194 snaps for the Great Danes. He recorded 12 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 14 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 17 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Great Danes in 2021 Verse played in 10 games and took part in 510 snaps for the Great Danes. He recorded 27 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 25 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 36 total pressures, and 16 QB hurries, 13 QB hits, and 7 sacks during the year.
After season's end Verse transferred to Florida State where as a junior for the Seminoles in 2022 Verse played in 11 games and played 360 snaps for the Seminoles. He recorded 21 tackles, 8 assists while making 23 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 32 total pressures, which included 22 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and an excellent 8 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Fast in a straight line. Excellent wide and .bull rushes when he's first off the snap.
- Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 26. He wrote: "another year at FSU has enabled him to continue to develop, both physically and in his on-field skill set. At 6-3 1/2, 260 pounds, Verse power-cleans 360 pounds, squats 555 and benches 455, but he also has excellent burst, running 21.14 MPH in a game with a max acceleration of 5.85m/s with a max deceleration of -6.98m/s."
- Showed initial quickness and good flexibility to dip and bend. Verse has active hands and suddenness to his movements, demonstrating the ability to counter inside.
- Tremendous explosion; accelerates low with power. Relentless blindside pursuit; tracks down ballcarriers across the field.
- He explodes off the line of scrimmage, playing with a low pad level and violent hands. He converts speed to power effectively enough to put an offensive lineman into the QB’s lap.
- He combines good length and initial quickness, showing the burst to win early in the down as a pass rusher.
- With a powerful lower body and the ability to hold up at the point of attack as a run defender, Verse is remarkably instinctive.
- Verse has the classic frame and long arms with some explosion, power and ability to close.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll need to add weight in order to play with a better anchor, but he’ll potentially be sacrificing athleticism and speed if Verse does.
- He may struggle at the point of attack without putting on more weight. As a pass rusher, he lacks the elite length to ward off blockers and too often allows linemen to get into his chest.
Jared Verse percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jared Verse (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank