- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Displays nice agility and awareness in coverage. Has the size and speed to be effective rushing the passer.
- Does a nice job locating the ball and sticking with the play while working off blocks. Physical finisher.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Shows the closing burst and footwork to work well in tight areas.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Inconsistent getting off blocks from smaller offensive players, gets moved or out-positioned and forced to chase down plays from behind.
- Needs to use his hands more violently to defeat blocks while coming after the quarterback at the next level.
- Height leaves him susceptible to cut blocks he must learn to defeat with his hands.
How other scouting services rate Drake Jackson (Overall Rank)