- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Spends a lot of time outside the box in coverage, but he has the strength to hold the edge against large tight ends and linemen.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- High-cut and long-legged, and he does not have elite acceleration.
How other scouting services rate Jermaine Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank