- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- A coordinated athlete with a lightning-quick first step and natural explosion.
- Naturally explosive player with decent get-off speed. Balanced through contact and stout against double-teams. Tackles through the ball. Versatile and has the body type to play many roles.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Has the initial burst off the snap but only phone-booth quickness overall and doesn't make as many plays behind the line of scrimmage as his ability to penetrate would indicate.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- Undersized and lacks elite bulk and girth for an interior defensive lineman - will be scheme specific in the NFL.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Travon Walker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank