Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Slips off too many ballcarriers and needs to complete tackles - will go for the big hit instead of consistently wrapping up.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Shorter than ideal and is easily engulfed by blockers near the line of scrimmage. Minimal anchor at the point of attack and was too often knocked backward or off his feet.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Chris Bergin (Overall Rank)