Signed as an undrafted free agent by LosAngeles Rams
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Has very inconsistent tackling technique and too often just throws himself at the lower body of the ballcarrier instead of wrapping up.
- Has a cornerback body and needs to continue to get stronger to be more effective shedding blocks.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Short stature will hurt him in jump-ball situations against taller, stronger NFL receivers.
- Lacks the bulk and size to hold up against linemen inside at the next level. Will leave his feet or duck his head at times, leading to missed tackles.
How other scouting services rate Paris Ford (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank