Draft Profile: BioCody Simon from St. Peters Prep High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Simon joined Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Simon saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 14 snaps at Linebacker for the Buckeyes. He recorded only one tackle, no assists, while adding one stop.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2021 Simon played in 12 games and took part in 435 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded 35 tackles, 19 assists, while adding 21 stops. In coverage Simon made no pass breakups, one interception, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 85.6. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 12 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Along with great instincts, he’s an explosive mover. Simon can disrupt plays in the backfield due to his ability to read and react quickly.
- He understands angles and takes very good paths moving downhill. He shows good ability in coverage, with the agility to mirror backs.
- He can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- He’s a fluid mover in pursuit as well, capable of moving down the line and making plays in pursuit.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Simon has good quickness and an excellent understanding of angles, often beating blockers to the spot.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s more of a grab-and-drag tackler who could stand to be more violent as a hitter.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than Simon should.
- He’s very much a work in progress, with a limited repertoire of pass-rush moves and an inability to use his hands effectively.
How other scouting services rate Cody Simon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank