- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
How other scouting services rate Jack Sanborn (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank