- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- He will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ballcarrier.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
How other scouting services rate Devin Lloyd (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank