- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Locates the ball but takes circuitous routes to go get to it. Should use power and long arms to take on and disengage from blocks. Inefficient with his angles.
How other scouting services rate Devin Lloyd (Overall Rank)