- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- He will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ballcarrier.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Locates the ball but takes circuitous routes to go get to it. Should use power and long arms to take on and disengage from blocks. Inefficient with his angles.
How other scouting services rate Nik Bonitto (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank