- Shows a burst to close. Flashes explosive hitting ability and good lateral and downfield pursuit.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Often avoids blocks to survive between the tackles, which gives backs running lanes. He will jump at hesitation routes.
How other scouting services rate Brian Asamoah (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank