- Has very good playing speed and is fast in pursuit, chasing down the action with a closing burst. Coordinated and looks natural in space.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Is a gifted athlete with an impressive frame and a lot of raw ability. He needs to get stronger to do more damage at the point of attack and is very unpolished with the mental aspect of the position. Streaky instincts and anticipation.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Shows the closing burst and footwork to work well in tight areas.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
- Locates the ball but takes circuitous routes to go get to it. Should use power and long arms to take on and disengage from blocks. Inefficient with his angles.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
How other scouting services rate Nolan Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank