Draft Profile: BioEdgerrin Cooper from Covington High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Cooper joined Texas A&M after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Cooper saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap at linebacker for the Aggies. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Aggies in 2021 Cooper played in 11 games and took part in 339 snaps for the Aggies. He recorded 39 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 28 stops. In coverage Cooper made one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 86.3. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 7 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Cooper played in 11 games and contributed on 621 snaps. He recorded 50 tackles, 13 assists while making 29 stops. In coverage Cooper chalked up 5 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 67.8. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
In 2023 as a senior Cooper logged playing time in just 3 games and logged a total of 123 snaps for the Aggies. He also added 12 tackles, 6 assists, and 11 stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Cooper chases well in pursuit, and Cooper has the athleticism to play in space if asked to drop into coverage.
- He’s very good in coverage when looking into the backfield in zone coverage.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- He’s rangy and instinctive when he’s looking into the backfield as a zone defender.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Cooper is on the small side, and his frame is pretty much maxed out. Despite his effort and intensity, he’ll simply get swallowed up at times.
- He lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. He lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- Cooper lacks elite traits in the pass rush and will need to develop a counter move.
How other scouting services rate Edgerrin Cooper (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank