Draft Profile: BioChris Braswell from St. Frances Academy High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Braswell joined Alabama after being heavily recruited.
In 2021 as a freshman Braswell saw action in 12 games and played a total of 114 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded only 9 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 11 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2022 Braswell played in 12 games and took part in 283 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 11 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 27 total pressures, and 19 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- In coverage, Braswell shows excellent awareness and anticipation when dropping back into zone, and he has the fluidity and speed to run with most tight ends over the middle.
- Braswell shows good quickness off the line of scrimmage and flashes the violent hands to win around the edge.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #10. He wrote "Braswell (13 tackles in 2021) is the biggest Freak. At 6-3, 243, he squats 705 pounds and power-cleaned 405 pounds this offseason. He also vertical-jumped 38.5 inches."
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- He has the fluid movement skills and speed to turn and run in coverage against tight ends.
- Braswell has ability as a blitzer, with the length and flexibility to get around the edge.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Braswell also has a tendency to be too aggressive attacking downhill, and Braswell can be beat on counter plays and cutbacks.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Chris Braswell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank