Draft Profile: BioDerick Hall from Gulfport High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Hall joined Auburn after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Hall saw action in 11 games and played a total of 198 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 10 tackles, one assist, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 12 total pressures, which included 10 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2020 Hall played in 11 games and took part in 358 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 17 tackles, one assist, while adding 16 stops. In coverage Hall made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a decent QB rating when targetted of 75.9. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 31 total pressures, and 21 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and a solid 4 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Hall played in 13 games and contributed on 658 snaps. He recorded 30 tackles, 9 assists while making 30 stops. In coverage Hall chalked up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an impressive QB rating when targetted of 73.6. As a pass rusher, he produced 43 total pressures, which included 25 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and an excellent 10 sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Hall logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 745 snaps for the Tigers. He also added 43 tackles, 11 assists, and 35 stops. While in coverage Hall made no pass breakups, one interception, and an elite QB rating when targetted of 53.2. As a pass rusher, he tallied 47 total pressures, which included 28 QB hurries, 11 QB hits, and an excellent 8 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Hall can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- He has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and Hall shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
- He’s quick to react and locate the ball, and he shows enough speed to succeed in backside pursuit. He plays with excellent balance and a strong, flexible core, rarely ending up on the ground.
- He locates the ball quickly, and he shows good instincts when dropping into zone coverage.
- He has the classic frame and long arms with some explosion, power, and ability to close.
- Hall can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, he also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hall is in a hurry to get upfield but shows poor instincts when locating the ball against the run.
- Hall is so eager to get upfield that Hall often abandons responsibilities against the run.
- He’s not a guy who can be put on the edge every down and be expected to consistently create pressure.
Derick Hall percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Derick Hall (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank