Draft Profile: BioTyree Wilson from West Rusk High High School was rated a 75-star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 75. After high school, Wilson joined Texas A&M.
In 2019 as a freshman Wilson saw action in 9 games and played a total of 132 snaps at Edge Rusher for the Aggies. He recorded only 7 tackles, no assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 6 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks on the season.
After season's end Wilson transferred to Texas Tech where as a sophomore for the Red Raiders in 2020 Wilson played 9 games and took part in 388 snaps for the Red Raiders. He recorded only 6 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 5 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 19 total pressures, and 15 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Wilson played in 13 games and contributed on 605 snaps. He recorded 25 tackles, 7 assists while making 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 37 total pressures, which included 26 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a decent 6 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Wilson has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when he can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside.
- Adequate change-of-direction agility and straight-line speed to contain.
- As a pass rusher, he shows quickness off the line and has the fluid athleticism and flexibility to bend the edge.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- A savvy, versatile and instinctive edge rusher who did a little bit of everything, he was especially effective getting to the quarterback.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks the ability to be a true edge burner. While Wilson was able to physically overpower opponents at the college, he will have to develop a wider repertoire of moves in the pros.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Not explosive as a pass rusher or run defender. Lacks elite speed and flexibility to turn the corner and is late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Tyree Wilson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank