Draft Profile: BioNoah Sewell from Orem High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Sewell opted to join Oregon.
In 2020 as a freshman Sewell saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 369 snaps for the Ducks. He recorded 34 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 26 stops. In coverage Sewell notched up one pass break up, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 85.4. As a pass rusher he added 9 total pressuress, which included 7 QB hurriess, no QB hits, and NFL1.DefenseSummary sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2021 Sewell played in 14 games while logging 879 snaps for the Ducks. He recorded 72 tackles, 15 assists, while adding 37 stops. In coverage Sewell made 3 pass break ups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 75.0. As a pass rusher he chalked up 34 total pressuress, and 21 QB hurriess, 9 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Good all-around athlete with very good short-area quickness and fluidity. Very good playing strength and has worked hard in the weight room, adding bulk and filling out his frame.
- Displays nice agility and awareness in coverage. Has the size and speed to be effective rushing the passer.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Builds to top speed and must take the right line to beat backs to the edge.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Noah Sewell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank