Draft Profile: BioFollowing high school Jefferies opted to join Clemson.
In 2018 as a freshman Jefferies saw action in one game and played on a total of 2 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore in 2019 Jefferies played in 13 games while logging 116 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 6 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 6 stops.
In 2020 as a junior Jefferies saw action in 7 games and logged 50 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 4 tackles, no assists, while making 4 stops.
In 2021 as a senior Jefferies logged playing time in 5 games and logged a total of 25 snaps for the Tigers. He also added no tackles, one assist, and no stops. As a pass rusher he tallied 3 total pressuress, which included 3 QB hurriess, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
How other scouting services rate Darnell Jefferies (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank