Signed as an undrafted free agent by New Orleans Saints
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
How other scouting services rate Josiah Bronson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank