A raw but exciting talent who posted some very impressive numbers in 2019 (19.5 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks) before he opted out of the 2020 season. An impressive physical specimen who has a lot of development to do - but if he can continue to progress then he could prove an impact player that can play across the line. Rousseau had a season-ending injury early in 2018 and so leaving 2019 as the only year that teams have available to review.
- A coordinated athlete with a lightning-quick first step and natural explosion.
- Agile and nimble footwork with smooth body control - very light on his feet. Fights through the whistle and is always chirping and going at full speed - love his effort and determination.
- Athletic for his size, with light feet and smooth movement skills. Possesses a loose body to redirect momentum, bend and play with leverage. Gets a good initial jump. Usually aggressive and active. Hard worker with toughness.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- He'll thrive against slower interior blockers who struggle to slide laterally.
- Has had only one season as an edge rusher at the college level -- half of which was spent as a role player
- Doesn't recognize plays developing. Unpolished pass rusher. Inconsistent motor causes some to doubt his passion for football.
- He remains raw as a pass rusher.
Overall we consider Rousseau to be one of if not the top pass rusher in the draft, although he doesn't come without risk due to his limited experience. Locked on first round pick.