Draft Profile: BioHenry To’o To’o played both running back and Linebacker at high school but was given a four-star grade for his defensive role by ESPN. He was widely recruited and signed with Tennesse where he played two seasons where he logged 140 total tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks.
Henry transferred to Alabama following the 2020 season and led them in tackles with 85, tied for second on the Tide defense with 7.5 tackles for loss (-38 yards) while ranking third in sacks with four (-29 yards).
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Ferocious against the run and decent good in coverage is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- A true leader on the Alabama defense
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- He will always try to plow into the largest piles and has a good knack of ending up glued to the ball carrier.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Undersized for the middle linebacker position - can be out muscled
- Has great athletic numbers but has never really performed consistently in run defense or coverage - we grade him at just over 50% in both these categories
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Instincts are suspect - often bites on fakes and takes a while to diagnose plays
- Takes bad angles to the ball and plays a bit wild
- Not a great pass rusher - can be aesily handled by offensive tackles
Scouting Report: SummaryHenry To'oTo'o has been a very successful leader of the Alabama defense and has put good tackling numbers during his stint at both Tennesse and Alabama but has never been a consistent high-level player despite his unquestioned athletic talents. We grade him out as only average as a pass rusher and in coverage and may be exposed in the NFL where he won't be able to hide his technical flaws with athletic ability. He could however wind up starting in the NFL if he could develop his instincts for the game. We consider him as a likely third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Henry To'oTo'o (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank