Draft Profile: BioJaden Crumedy from Oak Grove High School was rated a 79-star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 79. After high school, Crumedy joined Mississippi State.
In 2018 as a freshman Crumedy saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 10 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2019 Crumedy played in 11 games and took part in 367 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 11 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 6 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Crumedy played in 11 games and contributed on 539 snaps. He recorded 22 tackles, 7 assists while making 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Crumedy logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 519 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added only 8 tackles, 11 assists, and 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Crumedy logged playing time in 4 games and logged a total of 199 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added only 7 tackles, 2 assists, and 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 5 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- Crumedy fires off the snap quickly, and Crumedy has the long arms, heavy hands, and fluid movement skills to squeeze through spaces and get into the backfield.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- He has violent hands and the long arms to ward off blockers. He plays with a good pad level and can win with power as a bull rusher.
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- He has heavy hands and uses them aggressively, rocking offensive linemen back. Crumedy shows the ability to disengage and out-grapple blockers in a phone booth.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Crumedy is a bit underpowered, often playing too high and struggling to hold the point of attack against double teams.
- His spin move is a bit slow and mechanical. He’s susceptible to cut blocks, a tactic that was used on him often
- Crumedy lacks elite traits in the pass rush and will need to develop a counter move.
Jaden Crumedy percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jaden Crumedy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank