Draft Profile: BioJaden Crumedy from Oak Grove High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Crumedy joined Mississippi State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Crumedy saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 10 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2019 Crumedy played in 11 games and took part in 367 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 11 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 6 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Crumedy played in 11 games and contributed on 539 snaps. He recorded 22 tackles, 7 assists while making 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Crumedy logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 519 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added just 8 tackles, 11 assists, and 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Crumedy logged playing time in 4 games and logged a total of 199 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added only 7 tackles, 2 assists, and 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 5 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Crumedy fires off the snap quickly, and Crumedy has the long arms, heavy hands, and fluid movement skills to squeeze through spaces and get into the backfield.
- He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; he has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- He possesses an impressive blend of size and athleticism. He has a huge frame and ideal length, carrying his weight naturally.
- Plays with exceptional balance and body control, showing off a nasty spin move to counter his speed, with the natural instincts to know when to use it.
- He has heavy hands and uses them aggressively, rocking offensive linemen back. Crumedy shows the ability to disengage and out-grapple blockers in a phone booth.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Crumedy could stand to be more violent as a tackler in the run game, as Crumedy too often allows backs to run through his arm tackles. He also has limited experience dropping into coverage.
- He remains a bit raw, as he is inconsistent with his hand use and lacks violence in his hands
- Crumedy doesn’t move well laterally and doesn’t have a lot of range when it comes to pursuing on the backside.
Jaden Crumedy percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jaden Crumedy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank