Draft Profile: BioJaden Crumedy from Oak Grove High High School was rated a 79 star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 79. Following high school, Crumedy opted to join Mississippi State.
In 2018 as a freshman Crumedy saw action in 2 games and played on a total of 10 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2019 Crumedy played in 11 games and took part on 367 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 11 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 6 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Crumedy played in 11 games and contributed on 539 snaps. He recorded 22 tackles, 7 assists, while making 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 14 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Crumedy logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 519 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added 8 tackles, 11 assists, and 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- He has impressive movement skills for a player with his size and strength, but he isn't yet a finished product.
- Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
- Pops off tape due to his explosive first few steps. While powerful, doesn't rock the guard/ center back with his upper-body strength or explode into tackles.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate Jaden Crumedy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank